Pushfit fittings advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When should i use push fittings and when should i use copper for my water pipes?

I am guessing that I would be better using copper pipes in a room i.e. up my kitchen wall, and then just use push fit fititngs and pipes to route the water to the downstairs bathroom etc - then reconnecting to the current copper pipes there.
Is there any benefit of the copper pipe over the push fit pipes i.e. are push fit pipes only meant to be used for temporary jobs - or are they just as good for permanent ones too.

Sponsored Links
Plastic push fit is totally suitable for unpressurised open vented systems both heating and water supplies.

In my experience and my judgement it is more likely to cause serious water loss when used on mains water supplies and will not withstand combined overheat/overpressure under double fault conditions on a sealed heating system.

I would advocate using copper in most situations regardless of the application. However it requires more skill and takes longer so it can be more expensive.

I dont feel very proud of plastic installation work that I have done!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back