Cord grips/strain relief on switch

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I want to put some 1.5mm sq Butyl rubber 3-core flex on a 2-way switch. this is because i want to have a "high" (part full) and a "low" (full) cylinder stat on my hot water cylinder, and use the switch to change from one to the other. the heating and boiler supply is fused at 3A via an FCU.

Ordinary 2-way 6A switches as used for lighting do not have cord grips. I am considering using cable cleats immediately adjacent to it. I also have some 20mm plastic glands as used on outdoor accessories, but that would mean using a more bulky and unsightly IP rated backbox (also more expensive).

The wiring is fixed, but the heat res flex to the cyl stats hangs loose so could be accidentally snagged.

Any comments or suggestions?

Sponsored Links
You can get PVC back boxes which can be drilled to accept stuffin glands and the like.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back