cordless / corded phones

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you've got x2 corded phones and a cordless phone, when answering a call with the cordless, can another person pick up one of the cored phones and speak to the caller?

And visa versa with corded to cordless?

I ask because I'm looking into cordless

Sponsored Links
In all standard domestic installs any corded phone will be able to join in any call made or received by any other phone on the line.

There are some variations using special equipment where one phone can be given privacy but this requires all other phones to be connected via that phone.

If you go cordless keep at least one corded phone as a power cut can prevent cordless phones working as the base unit requires power to communicate with the mobile unit. Corded phones use power along the phone line from the exchange.

If you only have cordless phones loss of power may mean you cannor make or receive calls.

Thanks for that bernardgreen

I intend to keep the corded phones if I get a cordless.

Just need to be clear on the protocols between the two when picking up corded from cordless and vice versa.

As long its a simple case of pick-up, I'm happy.

I have 3 cordless phones, just added a 4th. The Panasonic phones I have can be programmed so other phones cant be used to listen in.
They are brill for intercoms, thats why I just added the other one.

Sponsored Links
The Panasonic phones I have can be programmed so other phones cant be used to listen in
Other cordless ones cannot listen in but a corded phone connected to the incoming line will be able to join in on calls made or received.

..............and if the corded phone is picked up first on an incoming call, can the cordless be picked up and join in?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back