Cordless Kenwood Kettle Powerbase - TA Screws?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I hope this is the correct forum to ask this particular question.

Kettle stopped working yesterday and I have pinned the problem down to the powerbase. It isn't the fuse, nor a loose wire in the plug, so it is either a break in the cable or a loose connection inside the powerbase.

Problem is that I can't open it up to have a look inside as it has 3 screws with a triangular socket (an anti-tamper screw I'd guess). I can't find any supplier of a suitable screwdriver or bit.

From trawling the net, I believe that these are TA screws and that there are 4 different sizes - TA18, TA20, TA23 and TA27.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a supplier for these - I've looked at Machine Mart, Maplins, RS Components and Screwfix but haven't found one yet.

If you know of a supplier and can provide a name & address, or name & phone number or name and URL (web link) that would be great.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back