Cordless lawnmower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am thinking of getting a cordless lawnmower and I am looking for recommendations.
Anyone had any experience with Gtech, Bosch or similar cordless mowers with a minimum cut of at least 20mm.
I would be gratefully for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Makita DLM431Z, which is sold as a bare mower. It takes two 18 volt batteries from the Li-ion range, so will be pricey if you don't already have them and the charger.

Like all battery mowers it struggles on longer wet grass if you try and cut it in one go, but it is great for cutting dry or damp lawns, and despite negative reviews in some quarters I have found it to be very good. The Makita website says it cuts 20-75mm on 13 levels.

The prices have come down massively since last year.

The Bosch and Viking mowers are highly recommended by Which magazine.

Cheers,

Blup

Sponsored Links
Treat anything Which? magazines publish with caution/contempt!!

Nozzle

Stihl Viking Li-ion has rave reviews (other than by Which?)....still (stihl :mrgreen:) petrol for me though!
John :)

I bought a Sovereign mower from Argos.

It was only £130

I wasnt sure if a cordless mower would be good, so plumped for a cheapie to try.

Ive had it 2 years, its been fantastic, Its great to have the freedom of no cable without the hassle of petrol.

I would never go back to a corded mower. The cordless doesnt feel underpowered and has enough suction to fill the bag full.

Ive only got to cut 100 sq metres, which is easy to do on one charge. I tend to find it best to cut twice a week, its easy to do after work.

I think I may buy a bosch next time, Id be interested in any user feedback.

Many thanks for the replies. I haven't measured my lawn but I am sure it is less then 100 sq metres, more like 60 sq metres.
Are the cordless mowers lighter then the corded ones, making them easier to push?

The more robustly built models, e.g. the Viking and Makita are heavier than the cheaper corded models; probably not much in it for the others (like for like), but 36 volt batteries do add some weight. The balance, wheel size and build quality make a big difference to the feel and handling

Last edited:
I keep eyeing the Gtech mower up but not buying one until our corded Flymo bites the bullet!.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back