Cordless nailer for 20mm nails?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
so i need to nail down some 4mm ply into 4 bedrooms (totally approx. 50sqm) prior to having vinyl installed.
My DeWalt DC660 won't hold nails smaller than 32mm so i can't use that.
I need something that will allow 20mm nails. I have a bostitch airgun, but its a ballache to use due to the compressor size.
I do have an electric nailer but it's half knackered.
Was really hoping there is a cordless solution out there. It would certainly get used for more than just 4 rooms worth.

Any advice would be most appreciated, thanks. :)

Sponsored Links
Forget about 18ga or even 16ga pinners to hold down 4mm plywood - the heads on the pins are just to small to do the job adequately. Instaed get out a tack hammer and hand nail it with flooring tacks. If the flooring were a bit thicker, say 6mm, it would be possible to screw it down on 100mm centres, but 4mm is probably pushing it a bit

Big stapler? Spot of glue at the recommended intervals too? Air stapler and fire the 32mm staples at alternating 45 degree angles to reduce the sink depth? Are you trying to avoid hitting pipes and wires?

Sponsored Links
Big stapler? Spot of glue at the recommended intervals too? Air stapler and fire the 32mm staples at alternating 45 degree angles to reduce the sink depth? Are you trying to avoid hitting pipes and wires?
Hi, sorry for the delayed response.
Yes, as i already screwed directly into a water pipe last weekend :(
My floorboards are only 15mm not 18mm. I don't think glue and angling the 32mm nails is a good idea.

Currently looking at the 2-in-1 hand staplers that will do up to 20mm. Some have fairly decent reviews.
The ryobi one is probably too pricey on second thoughts. Maybe one of them hammer nailer things?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back