Cordless Screwdriver for drilling?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm about to attempt to install some vertical blinds in my new home :confused:

However, I don't own a drill. But I do own a Black and Decker KC460LN cordless screw driver. If I get the appropriate drill bit, will this be suitable for drilling small holes into plaster/ brick (I'm not sure what's there... it's a new build home)

Or should I invest in a drill! :eek:

Cheers

Dave

Sponsored Links
Does it have a chuck which will accept drill bits? My cordless driver doesn't but my drill will accept screwdriver bits.

It says it can drill into wood, plastic and metal and it will use drill bits with a 1/4 inch hexagonal shank. The maximum torque is 3.2 Nm.

It is possible to obtain a small pin chuck that will fit the hex drive, i had one for my old B&D cordless. They will take up to 1/4 inch.

Sponsored Links
you need something like a 18v hammer drill
a 3.6v may make a big enough hole in a wall after about an hour but probably not :D

Most cordless hammer drills can deal with internal (soft) block-work.

However, you would need summat with a bit more punch for sturdier masonry like decent bricks etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back