CORRECT LOCATION OF TWIN IMPELLER PUMP FOR MIXER SHOWER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As part of the ongoing upgrade to the facilities at my B&B business I wish to fit a mira verve mixer shower unit to one of the bathrooms.
It has a gravity fed H&C supply but unfortunately there is not sufficient head (its the top floor) to provide sufficient pressure as advised by the installation manual. It says minimum of 5 meters and the room only has 3 meters head pressure.
I assume I will need to fit a twin impeller pump to boost pressure of the H&C supplies but the shower intallation manual says the pump MUST be installed on the floornext to the cylinder!!!!
This is not really practicable for my situation and it would be far easier to install the pump on the floor under the bath or in a cupbopard adjacent to the bath where I have easy access to both the H&C supplies.
Why must I intall the pump next to the cylinder???? Can I install it next to the bath????

Sponsored Links
The instructions will also tell you that the water supplies must be air free ie you cant just fit the pump in line to the existing pipe work. You need to supply the pump hot water via either a warix or Essex type flange and with a separate supply from the cold water cistern. Your cold water storage should be 50 gallons (ideally)
Having provided your pump with these separate supplies the pump would not necessarily have to go right next to the hot cylinder.

As I'm guessing this a rather large house, how big is the supply pipes for the hot and cold? If its 28mm, you might be ok

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back