Correct order for felting flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I’ve built a garage in my garden and I am planning on getting a roofer in to felt the roof. I’ve got the joists on and they are coververed with 18mm OSB3 boards. Was wanting to add 18mm UPVC fascias all round and guttering on one side. Can somebody tell me the order I need to do this and what I need to do before the felt goes on? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• DD6CAA8B-7CD7-4994-8F16-EAC0C56D8723.jpeg
    DD6CAA8B-7CD7-4994-8F16-EAC0C56D8723.jpeg
    303.6 KB · Views: 220
Sponsored Links
It will depend on if you are having a front soffit. If so you will need to allow for the distance in any overhang you have and you can extend the rafter ends by fixing a pair of treated roof lats across the front to the head and tail of the rafters. You then fix the vented soffit, assuming you are using PVC, and then the fascias all round and trim the external corners with PVC external corners for a tidy finish. The top deck of OSB will need tilt fillets to the left and right running front to back and this will stop water running off the edges and they go on before the felt. It is sometimes wise to also fit your gutter brackets on before felting too. The roofer will fix another lat to the front edge to form the drip edge which will carry the felt above the gutter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back