Corruption...

well that is kind of the focus of this post, the fact that Murdock shut down the NOTW, and the MET is under such scrutiny..... ?

You have a penchant for stating the bleedin obvious. But the focus of this post is based on a false premise...

Why are we all surprised by this phone hacking thing. Isn't the whole world corrupt?

Why do you think people are surprised? People like to see the big boys get splattered when the sh1t hits the fan. The bigger the better, and there are some big sh1t stains around with this one. Ultimately everything will stay the same like it always does, but it's great seeing that pr1ck Murdoch humiliated. Hopefully he at least will be chased out of this countries affairs with his tail between his legs. Even if someone else just as bad takes his place.

Sponsored Links
Parking illegally, or breaking road laws, is corruption of society, people feel that they are OK to park on double yellows, as long as they use their hazard warning lights, then that is their get out of jail card.

Journalists use the same tact, if I ring someone up, and they are famous, or know someone famous, then I accidentally press 0000 or 1234 while on the line, I hear their voicemails, that's OK, because there is a law that says Freedom of Speech, and the Right to Know...so that's OK then..Just a corruption of society.

But it goes to the dark side, when hacking kidnapped peoples phones, possibly deleteing evidence, or letting info out to the public what might be private and useful to the police..but by these people being arrested by the police, then facing parliament, then they are not at liberty to reveal anything now. So the plod, plunders on, into another enquiry, why are you questioning yourselves, and why bring this, when the MP's could have screwed the answers out of you, but you are now bound by law not to say anything, as you may incriminate yourself...

Same old...enquiry will run on and on, Rupert will 'die' in mysterious circumstances, various heads will roll, (I think the Chief Assistant commisioner has resigned???), as to prevent him answering any questions.

Maxwell - died under mysterious circumstances
WMD Inspector - died under mysterious circumstances
Diana " "
Marilyn Monroe - " "
even JFK,

All politically motivated. All because they were being or had some connection politically. I'm no conspiricy theorist, but isn't there a theme cropping up?

Oh dear,
Is that the time?

As for answering to Parliament committees, i was under the impression you don't have to say anything. They are not THE legal system.

As for the conspiracy theories.

Maxwell - died under mysterious circumstances
WMD Inspector - died under mysterious circumstances
Diana " "
Marilyn Monroe - " "
even JFK,

The only one dodgy there is David Kelly.

I'm awake in the early hours of the morning for one reason...I wake up in a state being unable to breathe.A lung problem that isn't going to go away....very worrying.
So I come on here to catch my breath for ten minutes.

You guys have me in stitches with the usual serving of post bashing.Cheers me up no end.. :D

Sooey...pack in your freelance proof reading...you missed quite a few.. ;)

Sponsored Links
Be fair..if I was to point out every inaccuracy in moody's posts it would be a full time job. :LOL:

Back on OP....

Is corruption a default human trait? Probably not by design. But I do believe that the majority of humans want "more" for themselves - the corruption is just a manifestation of the difference between what someone aspires to, and the amount of effort / intelligence they are willing to put in, to achieve their aspirations. Those who want what they can't realistically achieve with the level of effort or intelligence they've got (or are willing to expend) either go without, or become corrupt. IMO

And I definitely reckon Kelly's was fishy.......

And how can Vaz sit there, all pompous and sanctimonious with his "we haven't finished with you yet" threat?

Filkin? Hinduja?

First sign of the sh#t hitting it, he went on the sick, got his head down, then came back when the dust had settled.

My yoke is diesel. :mrgreen:
That said I still wouldn't do it. Embezelled money never stays with you.
My Dad was as bent as a two bob bit and it never got him no where.
he was a florin then :mrgreen: surely it`s a nine bob note :confused:

Sponsored Links
Back