CORSA 1.2L 8V 1997 idle speed and power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am the owner of a Corsa described in the title and I have a mechanical issue with the injection system.
Car starts perfectly well but the idle speed is a bit high and some times suddently drop to normal then goes back up few secondes later.
Also when the car gets hot, around 90-95 C, then the idle speed goes completely crazy. Up and down non stop or stays stuck really high.
Then if you try to accelerate, the engine doesn't take the revs but the opposite and then eventually stops.
When that happens it really hard to start it again unless i give it full throttle.
(hope that is clear :confused: )
I have spoke to to mechanics and have been told that it could be the idle speed controller or the PMH sensor. I also have read about the EGR.

The value of that car being really low, i want to narrow it down the the faulty part without changing all of these.

So if anyone have an idea or had the sane problem your help would more than welcome.

Thanks in advance for your help, folks

Sponsored Links
If the revs hunt when it gets hot the first thing i'd change is the coolant temp sender. Cheap as chips and 5 minute job to change

Cool :D
Thanks for the advice.
I think i'll try that.

Any idea for an online supplier ? as Vauxhall charge you 3 times the value of the part.

I found a idle speed valve for 30£ on ebay (new of course) but I don't think they have the temp sensor.

Still open for suggestion as this is my only vehicle usable at the moment
(peugeot 106 down with a broken engine and bike stollen all of that in 1 week ! Nice hey ? :cry: )

Cheers

I'd go for a genuine one from vauxhall, you get change out of £20.
Make sure you get the coolant temp sender which controls the ecu fuelling.

Sponsored Links
Thanks a million for the info.
Will do.
I might as well ask them a diagnosis with their fault finder computer

Cheers

Back