corsa cut out.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the son in-law travelled 4 miles from work in his corsa,got nearly home,and the car just conked out.it had plenty of petrol.it's got a good spark,but will not fire up.any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Put the car in gear, take the oil filler cap off and look in at the cams whilst pushing the car. Can you see the cams moving? If not then it is likely a snapped cam belt.

i will check that out first thing in the morning.That sounds more like it,i thought it might be slipped timing.i'll tell you how i get on tomorrow...Thanks

i took the rocker cover off to have a better look.and i didn't have to go any further...3 of the followers where shattered,the only thing what came to mind was that the engine had been raced very hard.and upon asking my son in-law what exactly happened for the car to conk out..He said that he was slowing down through the gears when it happened...anyway i think that he went into first from forth,causing the racing of the engine and the outcome of it... the local vauxhall garage is putting it right,and i think he's got away with it cheap at £130.

Sponsored Links
Hopefully the valves didn't collide with the pistons when the problem occurred. Otherwise it could be a right mess.

Back