corsa no acceleration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi wife has a 96 automatic vauxhall corsa was driving normally stopped at lights went to pull away car revved but crawled away at a walking pace. after stopping the car tried again this time pulled away normally. i took the car round the block same thing happened. i was told to check oil as a lack of oil im told can cause this to happen. oil seems ok i checked oil level with engine running. took car round block again same problem also this time the (S for sports mode) continually flashes. after consulting the drivers manual it says to consult vauxhall dealership to have the cars fault diagnosed via a computer facility. i rang up a dealership who want £40 for this service but then said a further checks may be needed which can cost upto £160 (JUST TO TELL ME WHAT THE PROBLEM IS) have since been told that these facilities are not allways accurate and that i should seek some more advice. can anyone offer any help or advice on what to do?
thanks tony

Sponsored Links
You shouldn't check oil levels with engine running as they are inaccurate.

Take it to an independant garage? You don't NEED to go to a vauxhall garage. I avoid them like the plague!

thanks for replys....... sorryi ment that i checked the transmission oil level with engine running. the engine oil i checked at operating tempature with engine off.

and yes the transmission oil is a nice red colour

Sponsored Links
thanks for that......stuartinlancashire im certainly going to give this a try and i`ll let you know how i get on. Tony

Back