Corsa Oil Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My friends oil light has come on in her Corsa this morning. She has checked the oil level and it is fine. Could there be another reason for the light coming on?

Sponsored Links
The oil light is for oil pressure, not level.

If the light is coming on i'd get it to a garage pretty damn quick for an oil pressure test (simple operation) as if the pump is failing you'll be looking at a new engine!

It's likely to be the pressure sensor shot, but need to rule out any pump problems first

Corsa diesels have an oil level light as well as a pressure warning light, so maybe other models do as well.

Once triggered (overenthusiastic cornering, or an emergency stop may do it as the oil sloshes about in the sump) I've had it trigger a couple of times (Turning across a junction with a very sharp camber change, and accelerating up a steep slope).

The lamp stays illuminated until the key is removed. Everything returns to normal on the next journey.

Sponsored Links
It is a lot more common for the sensor to fail, rather than for there to be an actual problem. If she has driven it for more than 10 minutes and the engine has not died a very expensive death by now, it is more than likely just the sensor.

Back