corsa tappets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to adjust my MIL,s tappets on her T reg corsa but got no book--are they hydraulic/oil operated ,or camshaft. i dont know which model it is unless they have one called rattler!! :?: :idea:

Sponsored Links
My Daughter in Law`s got one- Rattles too...Hydraulic Tappets....Have to live with it :cry: They all do it.

I thought all tappets have been self-adjusting for years?

Hydraulic tappets will rattle/tap when they are being starved of oil.

Has your oil and filter been changed recently with the correct SYNTHETIC oil ?

Have you checked your Camshaft/s for wear on the lobes.

Are you sure the rattle/tap is from the tappets ? Could it be from the timing chain.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Sponsored Links
jonnyfishing said:
Hydraulic tappets will rattle/tap when they are being starved of oil.

Has your oil and filter been changed recently with the correct SYNTHETIC oil ?

Have you checked your Camshaft/s for wear on the lobes.

Are you sure the rattle/tap is from the tappets ? Could it be from the timing chain.

:eek: :eek: :eek:
I remember the sound of tappets so fairly sure and i dont suppose its had an oil change for yonks--its an easier job than tappets though and i am doing it cos shes a nice ole dear-so maybe i'll start there. thanx

AdamW said:
I thought all tappets have been self-adjusting for years?

I think my local Ford garage must also be under that misapprehension as they don't bother to stock the valve clearance shims for my 1.8 diesel. :confused:

on all modern petrol vaux's they have hydraulic valve lifters, i had touble with my girlfriends 2.0 16v ecotec i found wynns engine flush followed by a good quality semi synthetic oil 10w 40 change worked wonders. they all sound a bit tappety till they warm up.

also this may sound stupid but i also found that a noise i thought was tappets actually turned out to be a leaking exhaust manifold gasket might be worth investing a tenner in one :LOL:

Can 'sound like someone beating a rented donkey !!' (C.Cox MotoGP)

Dirty oilways valve lifters - coke or lack of oil / filter changes perhaps.
:D :D :D :D

is this corsa diesel? if so i can remember somthing about these tappets can be adjusted, they are shimmed. a little trickey process and also vauxhall recommend a special oil (Titan) if i remember right i hope this helps

Sponsored Links
Back