cost of fittng a shower pump professionally?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, this is my first post so please be gentle :)

i am considering having a professional install a shower pump in my airing cupboard or loft. i have reasearched doing this myself but my skills in this regard need to be learnt before i attempt this.

currently i have a gravity fed system with a mixer shower unit. the cold water tank level in my loft is about 1.5-2m above the the shower head.

A 22mm pipe from the cold water tank feeds the hot water cylinder which in turn has a 22mm outlet for hot water. the hot water cylinder is located in an airing cupboard in one of the upstairs bedrooms.

one of the first branches from the hot water outlet is to the the shower using 15mm. the branch is hidden behind a wall unit so i cant see exactly where this is.
the 15mm pipe extends back in to the loft and then down to the shower.

cold water to the shower is dedicated using 15mm straight from the cold water tank.

pressure is not too good using a three fuction shower head.

can you guys give me an idea on how much i would reasonably expect to pay a professional to install a pump into this system?
the 2 location options are the airing cupboard or the loft. i will have just over a metre of head in the loft and atleast 3m if located in the airing cupboard.

i have considered the need for new 22mm piping, a new flange for the cylinder, and a gravity loop if installed in the loft.
how would i protect from frost in the loft?

i have considered carring out the work myself but would involve alot of learning and time for which i'm willing. it would also mean having an electrician create an extra spur for me.

Sponsored Links
It'll be a few hundred including the pump but can't really be more specific than that without seeing the job. You'd be better off getting a few local plumbers in to quote for the job, as they can see it and give you an accurate estimate, it's nigh on impossible to quote from here

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back