Cost of flight of stairs ?

M

marsaday

i know its a difficult one to give a price, but any idea of a rough cost for a flights of stairs which will have to be hand made i think. all in MDF and basic spindles and bannister.

we need to make a straight flight going up to a new rectangular landing. then another straight flight going off this.

i am planning on converting the loft.

One other thing. is it best to use floor boards or chip board to floor out a new loft area. i can afford the floor boards, but is there any need to put these in (servicing issues etc). we will be carpeting.

Sponsored Links
I dont know wether this is helpful but Ive just ordered a handmade staircase. Its made with MDf and pine and does not include spindles and bannisters. It goes up 15 steps or risers and turns on itself 180 degrees. It has 6 winders (the steps that make up the turn)
I think I got a cheap price of £850 including measuring and fitting.

I do know that howdens do a straight flight for about £120. Its pretty good, and have been using one for a temporary staircase.

thanks for info, that is useful to know. it does seem a good price.

bit late again but might be useful to someone else

mdf stairs will be bouncy and noisy and if the treads are 25mm which it probally will be l have seen the nosings break off the front of them with people walkin up and down them mdf stairs are cheap and nasty

we make ours out of 33mmx 270 mm stringers and treads white wood

£850 for a kite winder stair is a good price fitted
for a sraight fliht 13 risers we charge in w/w with newal bases attached £560 kite winder 90 deg turn £750 180 deg turn £875 and that is just supplied no fitting oak stingers over the thousand

Sponsored Links
thanks for info on mdf, i will bear it in mind when i come to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back