Cost of re-tiled roof ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is probably too 'loose' a question for an answer but I will ask it anyway.

I am thinking of putting in an offer to buy a 3 bedroom bungalow. It looks as if the existing roof tiles need replacing and there is no existing felt. I am therefore wondering if it is possible to get a VERY, VERY APPROXIMATE idea of costs for a job like that. It would also need to include the removal of the old tiles from roof and site.

If it's not possible to get some very rough idea of costs at this stage I will probably cross the property off my preffered list.

Any helpful suggestions will be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
That is a bit like asking how long is a piece of string lol.

I would expect that you are looking somewhere between 4-5k but it could be more if there are a lot of valleys dormers or bonnet hips.

I hope this gives you some help.

Thanks very much for the reply.

Having a bit of trouble with my computer at the moment but will try to post a picture if and when possible.

Hopefully 7K to 8K should cover it on those approximations

Regards

7-8 k sounds about right - But please be careful who you get to do it . Kent is full of roofing chancers ;)

Sponsored Links
Yeah. 7 to 8 for a bungalow is about right (though I met someone the other week that paid £17k for a tiny bungalow. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back