Cost of swapping tyres

Blimey! I'm getting ripped-off! To remove a tyre, then replace the same tyre and re-balance the wheel, I don't think I'd get away with paying less than £20 anywhere.
Christ! What do they charge for a puncture repair then?

Sponsored Links
Christ! What do they charge for a puncture repair then?
Actually, funny you should mention that! I have just this minute got back from collecting a tyre that they've repaired a puncture in! It came to £19.40. That was dropping the rim off to them and collecting it later, because I had a meeting this afternoon, so I couldn't wait, and it was completely flat, so I couldn't be fagged, putting the space-saver on, to drive it there. Maybe they'd have wanted more than £20 if it had included removing and re-fitting the rim?

So maybe £20 was a bit O.T.T, although in the OP's case, he'd want them to take it off the rim, then he'd want to take the tyre and rim away, and bring them back when he'd finished fettling his rim. That's what living in a rural area does. No competition, see! If I were to drive into Whitehaven or Workington, it would cost me the best part of a fiver in fuel anyway.

I've just googled the price of a puncture repair and the average price seems to be £25.

Blimey! I'm getting ripped-off! To remove a tyre, then replace the same tyre and re-balance the wheel, I don't think I'd get away with paying less than £20 anywhere.
I think that is realistic considering the cost of the equipment, the time it takes and of course the risk of damage incurred.

Sponsored Links
That makes me feel a bit better! (To be honest, I would want to get out of bed for less than £20 to do that).

Back