Costs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me what approx I would expect to pay for supply and fit of a new combi boiler (mid range) with 10 new rads 4 of which are existing to be replaced and the rest in a new extension, together with a 210ltr pressurised hot water cylinder.

I have had a couple of quotes which seem to be quite different, I'm not looking for a cheap job but a good job can anyone help?

Cheers

Lynn

Sponsored Links
lynnm, how much were the costs for the two quotes you have so far?

lynnm, how much were the two quotes that you've had so far?

I've had one for £5,900 and one for £4,900 sorry forgot to mention that I am also having a bathroom suite(bath, sink, shower, w.c) and ensuite(sink, shower, wc) fitted.

Sponsored Links
Where abouts are you? Are the quotes for identical spec? What is the equipment? Is supply of the suite part of the price?
So hard to tell.

Hi sorry I didn't think about all those things.

Firstly I'm in Livingston, West Lothian. I'm supplying all the bathroom suite and ensuite but the plumber is supplying all heating equipment.

As far as I know they were both quoting on combi boilers around 24-28kw output and the cylinder spec was 210ltr don't know what make.

I did ask one to brake down the price into fitting only and supply only
the supply price was £2,500 and the fit price £2,400, is this enough info for a rough idea and does this sound reasonable?

Regards

Lynn

(Without seeing the site)- sounds ok to me. Too cheap would be a worry. Still best to know exactly, ie make and model, of boiler, cylinder and rads you're getting. Have it specified in writing (vague quotes are a minefield for both sides) because its the only way you can really compare. You may find the more expensive one has superior equipment.
Did either come recommended? Lots of the best don't advertise- they don't need to!

HI

Plumbers didn't come recommended, I got them out the local paper as the person I was recommended told me this week they couldn't do it so its been panick stations to try and get some prices in.

Thankyou for your comments and advice they were very helpful, at least I know now that I'm not getting ripped off.

Thanks

Lynn

You won't know if you're being ripped off until it's done and you're happy (or not). Unfortunate but true.

........so its been panick stations to try and get some prices in.

Don't hurry things like this. It's a lot of money, but more important, you will probably want the job done properly. Have you contacted the building control office? You will have to before you start work.

So you are having an unvented cylinder. This may cost £800 or so without fitting. They need servicing every year, and they MUST be fitted by a registered operator. If they aren't, they won't be insured, and these things have 5 safety devices (because they take down houses when they get cross). If you're having one of these, why are you having a combi? Worst of all worlds. The unvented cylinder is an expensive thing to live with. Parts are expensive, eg combination valve £120 plus.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back