Counter sinking brass Inserts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I did some counter sinking using a pillar drill on some brass inserts. I did use safety goggles and a dust mask for most of it but is the dust mask really necessary? It makes you so hot and it's not that nice to wear. Of course if I do it again id rather wear the dust mask if I have to.

I think I did about 15 minutes of this work.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Would you be OK swallowing some little brass bits?
Can your lungs reject swarf or will they absorb it?

I will take that on board.

I guess it is a bit naive of me to think as I couldn't see the specs hitting my jumper etc they weren't there or rising that high. Obviously I could see specs and swarf on the work top.

Hopefully this time will be ok.

Thanks

buy a face shield,that way no mask required,unless your obviously drilling something that DOES require a dust mask.

Sponsored Links
Forgive my ignorance but I thought when using a pillar drill on metal, you used a lubricant which prevents the bits flying off. I have worked in engineering companies and the 'old boys' certainly didn't wear masks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back