Couple of appliances.

DP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wine cooler Model CWC300SS
Has an up and down button to set temperature.
Has an LED that lights up when compressor kicks in.
Randomly the desired setting drifts and ends up at 12 or similar temperature. Other times despite the desired temperature of 4 or 5 is still remembered, compressor will be delayed until the temperature has drifted to higher to 7, 8 degrees C
Question is, do i toss the cooler and get another one or is there mileage in sorting or getting it sorted.

Microwave. Panasonic Oven NN-CT5855 Date of manufacture NOV 2015
Got this for daughter. One day there is no power and mains had tripped.
Got here another. Now I have this sitting tacking up room in my house. Again, is there a cure or is it destined to the skip as well.

BTW. I am a heating engineer but that means jack sh17, other than fault finding is an everyday task for me.

TIA

DP

Sponsored Links
12°C is standard temperature for wine cooler, so seems lost memory, maybe as simple a a power cut caused this.

Microwave ovens will blow a fuse if no liquid in them when switched on, however once cover removed you need meters to set for leakage, the firm I worked for bought a meter, and many microwaves failed, then we found it was mobile phone polling causing the meter to show leaking, so with call out charge of £40 approx unless expensive in first place likely for the bin.

• Thanks
Reactions: DP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back