Coverage, These products seem so pricy. Garden furniture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You people have been very helpful this week regarding making my softwood garden furniture. I
am so confused with the many different products, I rang Sadolin. They recommended starting with their wood preserver, than knotting, then Beautiflex Colours, all seems fine by me, BUT, It seems so expensive so has anyone any experience with the coverage of all this stuff? Comments would be most appreciated.
Regards

Sponsored Links
i have been talking to Dulux about painting an outside cladding and they recommended Dulux Ultimate Opaque - really good stuff , and guaranteed for 10 years
We ended up with 3 different colours 1L
1L covered 5sq meters with 2 coats
https://www.duluxtradepaintexpert.c...stain/dulux-trade/dulux-trade-ultimate-opaque
we are planning to use any left over on a wooden bench we have
The dulux paint centre near us was also very helpful and provided a lot of advice on what to use and how to use and any issues we may have
Also mixed quite a few colour choices

As ever, you get what you pay for, but avoid these useless water based colours that Ronseal or whoever provide.....sure, they look ok but protection is minimal.
Try the Sikkens range....first class products!
John :)

It's the frist time I have heard of this eta, thanks and thanks John, Sikkens does have a good reputation, I shall agonise for a while, then have to make a decision.

I hope you're having a good weekend.

Sponsored Links
dulux do the Sikkens as well, so give the tech people a call , they are very good - at least they were with me phone number heee
https://www.dulux.co.uk/en/contact-us
Call us
For Customer Service and Product Advice on
0333 222 7171
Open between 8:30am - 5:00pm Monday to Friday & 9:00am - 12:30pm Saturday
I then also called the local Dulux decorators centre and they were just as helpful
I was originally planning on using weathershield limited colours and guarantee, as in the past thats all i have every used on finished wood

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back