covering mould/condensation damage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just getting prepared to paint a property. It's a newish build and the last tenants in there (the idiots!!!) used to leave the extractor fan in the en-suite shower room off. Obviously due to this, the ceiling and some walls have condensation damage on it. So, in this case what is the best course of action to rectify the damage?

Sponsored Links
Hi you obviously need to let it have a good dry out then wash the mould off with bleach to kill it. Then give it an oil based undercoat to cover the stain. Remove any loose paint etc before hand.

Thanks for the reply. I was researching on what you said, why do you suggest bleach? I was checking a video on youtube and it appears that bleach isn't the product to use?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. I was researching on what you said, why do you suggest bleach? I was checking a video on youtube and it appears that bleach isn't the product to use?

Don't believe everything you see on youtube. There are more expensive products, but bleach is just fine. It kills mould spores and removes mould stains.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back