Black mould on ceiling and walls.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small en-suite shower room in a modern house which is problematic because of black mould growing on the ceiling and walls.

I've repainted twice in 3yrs using Dulux bathroom paint, but it keeps coming back.

I have an extractor fan and the window is open for most of the day, but the problem persists. I'm going to try a more powerful fan and I also intend using Johnstone's stopmould paint this time.Before I go to this trouble and expense I want to know whether washing with a household bleach is sufficient before I repaint. Will that kill the spores that are already impregnated into the walls and ceiling?

Sponsored Links
Johnstone's Anti-Mould Acrylic PaintPrices from £14.99 Acrylic resin based mould inhibiting coating for use on walls and ceilings to protect against algal and fungal growth. Dries to a smooth matt finish.
In areas where conditions are conducive to mould growth both interior and exterior.

Key Benefits
Low odour and quick drying
Durable and washable
Inhibits mould and algal growth

Available in 2.5 and 5 Litres in white and magnolia.

How does this compare with stopmould ----it's much cheaper, but is it as good?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back