Covering of external air bricks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'd appreciate some advice concerning air bricks. The step up from my driveway to the front door is quite high, and so I'm intending to put in a door step. The problem is that there's two air bricks under the door. The question is, of course, would it be ok to cover them up?

The door itself is part of a small extension (built in 2007 I believe) to push the hallway out a bit; looking at it from the road, there's an alley to the left hand side of the door with 4 air bricks and on the right 1 more (before the wall takes a 90 degree turn and runs parallel to the road, with more air bricks there).

I guess the other option would be to somehow build some gaps into the door step, if that would be possible?

Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated - thanks.

Alex

Sponsored Links
Is there space at each side? A bit of 4" drain pipe with a hole in it's centre running parallel with the house front and the width of the step?
Or a couple of pipes running front to back of the step foundation and the first step riser made of airbrick type material?

Sponsored Links
Is there space at each side? A bit of 4" drain pipe with a hole in it's centre running parallel with the house front and the width of the step?
Or a couple of pipes running front to back of the step foundation and the first step riser made of airbrick type material?

I think I know what you mean, that could keep air flowing pretty well. I'll make futher enquiries. :)

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back