New build house air bricks covered!?

when i was an appretice, witch was only 6 months ago. if only one or two air bricks were covered, we would lift up the patio and i would smash them out and just replace them with a normal brick. probably not the best thing to do but when do site agents think of the best thing to do:p

Sponsored Links
Well i am going to use my site managers head to make the holes for the vents to in :evil:

I mean, even if it was missed when it was built, we had to get into the void as our floor had a dip in it. (Turned out one beam was slightly higher then the the other) But the damn idiot was down there inspecting it.

How many sides does the void have to be vented from?

Thanks

Well, as i have found out since all my street is having vents installed!

They will be doing mine within the next few weeks. How many vents should there be - one either side i would imagine for the air to flow freely?

Thanks

Hah, someone's got a rogering for that balls up then :LOL: .

2m spacing is the usual requirement.

Sponsored Links
I doubt it though, probablly, sir do you relise you have built all these houses with voids and you did not put ventalation in? Ermm, here you son (brown paper bag passes by) We need this phase completed ASAP.

Probablly why we had a different door, odd tiles, handles etc just to pass!!

Anyways when you say 2M spaces? The long side of the voidis below gropund level, so only the sides can be vented, which are around 5 meters wide, so seems about right as the next door neighbour has had just one vent put in on the sides.

As my void is split into two, i assume they need to get into the void to put a vent in the wall in the middle?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back