Coving brand preferences?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

In the past I have used Wickes plaseter coving. But as usual with Wickes, the quality wasn't great (why do I keep going there?).

Does anyone have any preferred brands of coving and if so where can I get hold of it. I live in Dorking area of Surrey BTW.

Any ideas would be really useful.

Thanks, Matt

Sponsored Links
If you really must fit coving; it's Gyproc every time.

Am I right in thinking that Gyproc is the brand that is produced by Artex?

Also what is the bes filler to use to make the joins as inisible as possible?

Am I right in thinking that Gyproc is the brand that is produced by Artex?

Also what is the bes filler to use to make the joins as inisible as possible?
Gyproc is produced by British Gypsum;
http://www.british-gypsum.bpb.co.uk/products/plasterboard___accessories.aspx
they produce coving, Artex, plaster board & plaster to name but a few. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually produce Wickes & many other 'own brand' plaster products although I don't know for certain; what was wrong with it anyway?

Re joins; try & avoid them although some will be required on lengths greater than 4 meters. The trick is to get the coving perfectly alligned & use angled cuts, don't try & butt the square cut ends; any fine textured filler will blend them in.

Sponsored Links
i agree with growler , i think wickes coving is fine and at just over a £ a linear metre is great value.
regarding joints i always use easi-fill to put up the coving and for filling it.also i dont bother cutting the joints at angles , just butt up the 2 square edges and fill, you can leave a mm gap between the 2 edges to that you loose the joint completely with filler.
phil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back