COVING IN A BATHROOM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am finishing off a bathroom that has a large walk in shower.
Can I use coving in the bathroom. This would go around the ceiling where the shower is as well.

The room is 2.8m X 2m with a large extractor unit dedicated to this room size.

If it is ok is there anything particular I need?
Many thanks......Voodoochile

Sponsored Links
voodo - go for it but avoid that cheap expanded polystyrene stuff 'cos it looks naff. Avoid the large sizes in such a small room, maybe going for 90mm quadrant coving. Use either a plaster type or a high-density plastic. Support the cove whilst fixing with adhesive ... drive a couple of temp nails into wall & ceiling either side of cove to hold (leaving 1/2 to 2/3 of nail sticking out to aid removal). Fill nail holes, then decorate.

I agree about not touching the polystyrene stuff but coving is really considered naff now & only marginally more fashionable than Artex; everyone is going to a lot of expense to rip the stuff out! :D Unless you really need it to hide some problems forget it; square edges & flat ceilings is best. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back