coving installation

T

timhilto

hiya looking fit coving thro out any advice and tips appreciated

Sponsored Links
Coving is pretty dated these days. I wish I hadn't put mine up a few years back. :cry:

it hides any cracks in the corners of the room tho. I have just had my ceilings skimmed and the plasterer said it might crack around the edge. Could i just use decorators caulk and repaint this?

Sponsored Links
Yes. That's the best way to sort it.

I'm not sure coving is dated as such - my house is a victorian terraced, 10ft high walls, it just looks wrong without coving. There isn't any in the kitchen extension though and it wouldn't look right in there anyway.

I've had to put some up on my landing and hallway. Due to budget constraints I used the paper covered poly stuff and mitred it using a knife and a little blue plastic guide (about £1.80)that I got in Wickes. The joins are all very neat and tidy (the height helps any imperfections)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back