Coving onto new plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I had my ceiling and one wall replastered about 4 weeks ago and am now looking to stick up some polystyrene coving using a lightweight coving adhesive. Do I need to size the plaster or will this be ok?

I've done a bit of googling but have came up with mixed answers!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi guys,

I had my ceiling and one wall replastered about 4 weeks ago and am now looking to stick up some polystyrene coving using a lightweight coving adhesive. Do I need to size the plaster or will this be ok?

I've done a bit of googling but have came up with mixed answers!

Thanks

Coving is SO 1980`s !!!

(Polystyrene Coving :rolleyes: )

I put coving up in my flat over new plastered walls and ceilings and I 'primed' the walls by mistcoating them with a diluted matt white paint 20% water 80% paint. It will dry very quickly so two coats should seal it okay. Then stick the coving up using solvent-free gripfill or something similar.
Where are you getting your coving from?

Sponsored Links
You should consider plaster coving instead of polystyrene.

You will end up with straight lines with the plaster coving, polystyrene will enhance any imperfections so you could end up with some waves going on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back