Coving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will soon be removing a load of old coving from my bathroom and fitting new. I have never done this before and was wondering if anyone has any tips or warnings before I start.

Also, how do I go about fixing the new stuff to the wall? Is it just a bit of glue?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Run a stnaley knife around the edges where the coving mets the ceiling and the walls, it will help stop it wrecking them by pulling chunks off.

As for fixing I find non slip tile adhesive works well (not the fix n grout type)

The proper stuff for fixing coving goes of a bit to quick in my opinion.

Mkae sure you leave the edges clean and free of adhesive it murder to dig off afterwards.

Mark a straight line around the wall as a guide and tap some nails in gently for the coving to sit on when your fixing it

Where the edges of two bit of coving meet chamfer them otherwise the paper face of the coving will show and be hard to get rid of.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back