Cowboy 1910 roofers

M

marsaday

I am fitting my velux windows at the moment and i have come across a section of the roof in line with the chimney and close to the neighbours roof.

It looks like the lats run from the neighbours side and finish on my second rafter, but they never actually sat it on the rafter. It floats about 1cm away from it. This is why there is a rise in the tiles at this point.

I have stripped back a lot of the tiling to add in proper lats.

Pain in the arse. Do you think i should work right up to the chimney ? It will mean taking up a lot more tiling above the velux ?

Sponsored Links
Can you get to it from underneath and add a length of 2x2 to the rafter side to take up the extra cm?

i could, but the tiles are very loose because they havent been hammered in properly (hammering an elastic band in a way), but they have been there for 100 yrs so they are ok. i have repaired about half the roof so will leave the lower section. it's just a case of whether i go up to and into the lining of the chimney.

can the lower apron lead flashing be lifted upwards so i can hammer home the top tile ?

If it's got lead on it already does it really need nailing down?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back