Rafter vs tile pitch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m hoping that this is a silly question.
I’ve started my roof and the rafter pitch is 17-18 degrees, which means I should be ok for veluxs and Marley mendips.
I’ve done a dry run of a couple of mendips, and the pitch of the actual tile is (obviously) a lot less, more like 12 degrees.
I’m assuming this is expected, and that the published minimum pitch requirements relate to the rafters (please tell me I’m right) (n)(y)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I’ll happily accept that it’s the silliest question ever asked on this forum, provided one of you puts me out of my misery by confirming that my original concern is indeed silly

I actually roofed and tiled my 30 sqm garage- a job I remain proud of- without even hearing the term, 'lie angle of the tile'. Am I a natural?

CG

Depends if you got the first course lie angle correct or not. Some people don't but are still proud of their roofs.

N.
That’s what I’m trying to do now. Ended up hanging 2 temp. rafters , battening and putting 2 tiles on in order to work out how high to sit the fascia, taking into account one of those eaves tray plus bird guard things. I’m sure it’ll still be wrong though...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back