Double roman tiles on low pitch roof.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have a 15 degree pitched roof on extension.

On my main roof I have sandtoft double roman tiles.
I want to use matching tiles on extension.

The minimum headlap for tiles on a 17.5 degree pitch is 100mm. For a 22.5 degree it's 75mm.

Technical spec says 120mm maximum headlap but doesn't mention pitch so I'm assuming minimum pitch for the sandtoft double roman are 17.5 degrees

Would the tiles be OK on a 15 degree pitch with a 120mm headlap? Don't get much driving rain around back.

I was going to use Redland regent tiles as they go down to 12.5 degrees however they are like rocking horse poo.

I don't want to plyboard, felt and cross batten as it thickens the roof which doesn't look too clever.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Tiles won't be approved below their stated 17.5° pitch, no matter what head lap.

You can board and counter batten, and design the eaves and verge to appear as a standard roof and not be visibly thicker. It will be slightly higher with potentially greater distance from frame heads to soffit, but won't appear thicker.

Ended up using marley mandip double roman. Go down to 12.5 degree pitch and blend in nicely with roof tiles.

Sponsored Links
Just 'Marley Mendip'.
No need to write double Roman (confusing). (y)

Marley Mendip Standard or Marley Mendip 12.5. It's confusing :p

1663667669274.png

Marley mendip double pantile is what I meant.

Just got to give @noseall & @^woody^ huge shout out. You guys have helped turn a basic DIYer into a "builder"

I've completed my rear single storey extension to a high standard. Did pretty much everything from beginning to end.

Now doing front porch.

Also thanks to all members who have been supportive.

Awesome forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back