Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently having an extension built and the builder has used concrete tiles which are recommended for pitches no shallower than 17.5 degrees. My pitch is 11 degrees and is a lean to roof, single storey extension. My architect says my roof is well sheltered and that the roof shouldn't leak but has said to keep an eye on the 3 velux windows. It has rained heavily this week and no leaks as yet. I am worried how long it will last. Has anyone else had a very low pitch roof and not experienced any problems? As if you google 11 degree pitch it is all nightmare situations.

Cheers

Bob

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
11 degrees, that's basically a flat roof with a good fall isn't it? Sorry to hear they've left you with a mess, presumably the architect doesn't have any solution and nor does the builder.

This is the picture with no tiles . I wouldn't say it is flat . Il take a picture tomorrow tiled

I had a friend do something similar for a farmer on his extension and he used slates with extra lap and double felted it. It didn't have any Velux though, but 10 years later it hasn't been a problem.

The builder has guaranteed the roof as well.
Then he is a fool too, though I doubt his guarantee is worth a 5h1t. what is he guaranteeing against and what is his remedy in the case the roof failing.
Don't let them tile it , it is plain wrong. either use a covering that is suitable for that pitch or else raise the pitch. Both your builder and you're architect are wrong. your architect, especially shouldn't be specifying materials which are unsuitable

I wonder why they have done it as there is room under the windows to increase the pitch.
If you board the roof then 3 layer felt then counter baton the roof you can use the tile you have on.

It's FUGLY too. You are going to have a massive horrible deep fascia and barge board around the roof. Are the rafters unnecessarily deep too?

Your designer is not really one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back