Marley Modern roof tiles - minimum pitch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Builder is about to use Marley Modern tiles on our extension roof. I thought I'd check technical spec and see that mimimum pitch is 17.5 deg; our's is nearer 13 degrees.

Presume there's no tolerance here and they're the wrong tiles or the pitch needs to be increased? (They've already redone the main roof of the house in these tiles.....)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Either increase the pitch or use an alternative tile (I think Redland do one down to 12.5). Occasionally, inspectors allow a lower pitch if the roof is double felted. However, I think you might find that Marley will not guarantee them at anything below the recommended pitch.
Has the builder made a mistake, or is it an error on the plans?

Thanks Tony

Will have to check but they allowed for Velux (min 15%?) so looks like builder has set out the rafters wrong. There's scope to increase the pitch as they've left quite a gap for the lead flashing up to the render - 3 course from memory.

I'll have a look at the Redland ones to see if they match the Marley Modern Old English - or at least close enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back