CR Smith - lorimer doors - are they any good????

And i thought my eyesight was going, Fluff's had these windows and doors fitted and has had no end of problems with CR Smith :cry: , there should be a 4 or 5 page thread about somewhere

Sponsored Links
Hi crank

See one of my very old posts came to the top. This thread referred to the doors I had installed in my old house.

I have since moved house and had windows put in by another company. I do have CR Smith windows in my new house put in by the previous owner. Thought they were fitted very well but had to silicone bits up the other day as the wind was whistling in behind the window frame into the wood inside. Kept me awake all night.

CR Smith were a nightmare for installing the original doors in other house. The product if very good if fitted well but the installation was terrible. After about 15 return visits by CR Smith, the doors were fitted correctly and looked brilliant.

The CR Smith windows in my new house also look very good. Don't know if I would go back to CR Smith because of the workmanship but not every tradesman that they have will be the same so can't comment on all workmanship. Excuse the hurry, my tea break is now finished.

fluff

Wonder what the record would be now on the internet for revived threads.. surely over 10 years i should think.. for vb forums.. more for older styles..

Wonder what the record would be now on the internet for revived threads.. surely over 10 years i should think..

Sponsored Links
I have had a CR Smith door and conservatory fitted. Excellent quality - 10 year guarantee. Recommended by a policeman for security. Not sure about fixing but they do offer a repair service once out of guarantee. Hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back