CR Smith - lorimer doors - are they any good????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had quote from CR Smith for 2 PVCu doors. About £400 more than other quotes that I got. Advantages - 5 hook locking system and reinforced with galvanised steel. Has anyone had any experience of them. Also, does anyone know if I would be restricted to CR Smith to come and repair them. Many thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
why not ask them? (i think im beginning to understand where breezer is coming from now!)

Thermo

Don't know where either of you are coming from. I have asked CR Smith rep. who told me that their doors are all singing/dancing and that no other company will touch a CR Smith door to repair it.

I though I would ask other people (not necessary people in the trade) of their personal experiences. I thought that this was the whole point of this forum. If you don't want to answer my question then don't post. However, there are people out there who are happy to share their personal experiences and I will reach more people this way than by just word of mouth. Anyone who has comments on the workmanship of this company would be appreciated. We all know that salesmen will say they have the best product, service etc but not always so.

firstly i was refering to the question you made about wether cr smith would be the only people that could repair them. They know their product and they know any restrictions they place on their warranties, so i would have thought that would have been a logical place to start not as a question here. Secondly you know what other companies and quotes you have had, people on the forum dont, so you are probably in the best position to compare.
I and a lot of others spend a lot of time giving answers on the forum giving up our time to help others, so please dont lay into me on the basis of one mis-understood answer to a part of the question

Thermo

Sponsored Links
fluff29,

I think it pointless to ask on here the information you want but by all mean you never know though. Agreed with thermo you would be better off to ask for the customer address from the company who has these product fitted by them and maybe to talk to the customer. This will be straight from the horse mouth !

I had UPVC windows and doors installed at a cost of £12500.
They are CR Smith, Lorimer range, and are coloured light oak.
After two years they all faded badly. I received some compensation, but still have the rubbish windows to look at every day.
If I were to do it all again I would go for Hardwood instead of UPVC.
I would certainly not recommend CR Smith.

..so after all that, fluff finally got a good answer, :LOL: (and I agree with Beth about hardwood)

Just 5 yrs and around a week late with that Pentlandlocksmiths
Shaggy's last post Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:22 pm
:D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back