Crack in adjoining wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're having our bathroom renovated. Along the wall between the bathroom and the bedroom, where the plumber has channelled out a space for the new pipes, we've got cracks in the bedroom wall. The wall was reskimmed and painted a couple of months ago.... The builders/plumber are going to fix it, but I'm just wondering if I'm still going to be able to see where they've fixed it. Basically, none of the plaster has come off, but the top layer of paint/plaster has cracked all along the wall, and there are bit where the paint/plaster would come off if I knocked it too hard. We had the whole bedroom reskimmed and now I'm panicking that I'll be able to see this patched up bit forever. Can anyone relieve my fears?

Sponsored Links
Anything that’s loose needs to be dug out, back filled, the area re-skimmed & blended in. If the plasterer is any good (& materials in Belgium are similar to the UK!) they should not have any problem blending it all in for you. Cracks in the plaster on the other side need to be checked & reinforced if necessary before filling or even skimming otherwise there is a risk they will reappear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back