Crack in ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive got a crack across the width of a ceiling and I was gona rake it out a bit then use some self adhesive jointing tape over it then fill it with Tourette filler feathering it out,I was wondering if this would be affective or not and also would the tape stick to existing emulsion on the ceiling,any advice would be great (the tape I'm gona use is thistle glass fibre mesh tape) many thanks

Sponsored Links
Racking the joint out, taping and filling out (I would use easifill) and sanding down once dry is a solution I would use.
But I would also screw up around the crack if they are plasterboards, as the crack is likely to be caused by sagging and nails working loose.

Cheers mate does the tape stick ok to the emulsion or should I try and sand it back a bit and is that the tape ok to use

Sometimes the tape has life of it's own :evil:
But in general the tape should stick okay, but I tend to mix a little compound up just to help with the sticking on process and then flatten tape down to joint.

Sponsored Links
Sorry forgot to ask,is normal filler I.e. touprette interior filler ok to use over the tape

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back