Crack stitching for internal crack?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I have a sub-5mm vertical crack on an inside wall, resulting from a botched window installation. It runs from the window opening to just shy of the floor. There is a crack in the outer leaf also, which I am getting stitched (in a different part of the wall but also window-related). Would you suggest getting the internal crack stitched? That's what I was planning on but I've had conflicting advice.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Big_les, good evening.

Any chance of a couple of digital images inside and out??

It would make sense to crack stitch inner and outer at same time.

Big drawback is that stitching leaves a different coloured mortar externally, easily spotted by a conveyancing surveyor during a sale, the surveyor will then scream Subsidence that can at times make a sale difficult if the property is "flagged" as having, or has suffered from Subsidence?

When I specify crack stitching I ask for an area of mortar to be rqaked and re-pointed to "mask" the Helibar crack stitch repair marks.

Ken

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back