Crack stitching grout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just been stitching my masonry wall with a twistfix kit, but have run out of grout with two bars to go! I'd like to avoid buying a whole new tub of grout for £50 odd quid if I can. I do have some of the grout liquid left over. Is the powder part just OPC & sand? If so, I might just have enough. Otherwise, would this stuff (Everbuild EpoxySET 105) be a viable alternative? I can get a tub from Toolstation for £20...

Thanks,
Adam

Sponsored Links
Even the no-name cheapo version from Toolstation is £50 for 3 litres. I only need about a tenth of that amount :/

You need epoxy cement/mortar/tile grout/repair kit which you can get some sizes for less than a tenner.

Or get a tube of some polymer grab adhesive for about £5.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I'll pick up a tube of adhesive tomorrow. Any thoughts on the leftover liquid I've got? Is it worth using it with OPC & sand to make up some mortar to fill the last few voids?

Adam

It will be modified cement, and you would not need it for any other mix. It's difficult to say what would happen if it's mixed with OPC, probably nothing but if it's not really necessary, then just bin it.

Or get a tube of some polymer grab adhesive for about £5.
Hmm, either I've misunderstood you or something else has gone wrong. I bought a tube of SiroFlex, "based on MS polymer technology" and figured it would go hard like pinkgrip/gripfill, but it's remained flexible. As the hex bars are supposed to work by compressing the grout, I can't see this working. :/

Adam

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back