Cracking velux

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. This is my first post. We're currently building our house and recently had 7 of the white pvc velux windows fitted. This weekend I noticed a crack around the top mounting plate on a window so checked them all and found 5 that are all cracked the same. Velux told me this morning and sent an email that it's a known issue and would send new windows out which I would have to pay to be replaced.....which I disagree with. They now say its not an issue, they were fitted wrong and the email saying it was a known fault fault shouldn't have been sent. Has anyone come across this problem before........thanks

Sponsored Links
Never come across this before , but think you may need to seek legal advice here. That email is a smoking gun and you need to find out if , legally, it can be considered as admission of fault

I am fitting Velux windows regularly and I have not come across
this problem, do you have any pictures?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back