Velux security lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I installed a Velux , and I love it - but I don't leave it open on a night because it just looks too tempting for would-be-robbers. It's on a dormer roof, so a bunk-up would be a silent and tool less entry point.

I know you can get official Velux opening restrictors, but I wondered if there is anything that comes at the problem the other way round?

The Velux restrictors stop you from opening the window past a certain point, unless the key is used - i.e. stop kids escaping etc.

I want something that will let me open the window as wide as I want, unless the device is engaged, in which case it's limited to say a 2" wide gap - for additional ventilation.

A guess a bit like the locked, but open, position all modern upvc windows have.

I know they have a ventilation setting with the handle just open, but I'm after more than that for when the weathers like it is now.

Cheers

Whitling2k

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back