crackling noise in 1 radiator after powerflush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just had the CH powerflushed and balanced and 1 radiator now seems to be making a crackling noise :eek:

Is that normal after a powerflush?

seemed to die down a bit when temperature reduced

thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I've just had the CH powerflushed and balanced and 1 radiator now seems to be making a crackling noise :eek:

Is that normal after a powerflush?

seemed to die down a bit when temperature reduced

thanks

I'm guessing a bit of $hit has moved or gottom into the system pal.

Sponsored Links
now i've had them balanced i don't want to touch them :LOL:

i've just found a container of powerflushing chemical and a couple of tools the engineer has left behind...i'll get him to have a look when he comes to collect them :mrgreen:

now i've had them balanced i don't want to touch them :LOL:

i've just found a container of powerflushing chemical and a couple of tools the engineer has left behind...i'll get him to have a look when he comes to collect them :mrgreen:

You wouldn't need to unbalance it, just close the radiator control side off, trv. Or just leave it to engineer when he returns ha

there is something very wrong with the CH now :eek:

The boiler made a howling noise this morning when the wife turned it on :eek: the crackling sound is getting louder...the wife had a bath and when she turned the water off the sound of running water could be heard in the pipes and radiators :eek: :eek: :eek:

but the pressure on the boilers reading fine...not one bit off loss??

never had these problems till i had it powerflushed :(

when i turned the boiler off at the control it made a short groan sound...could it be the pump?

getting a lot of air in the rads :cry:

the engineer hadn't put the air release screw that goes ontop of the pump back properly..it was just sat at a slight angle

Does this let air in as well as out?

getting a bit concerned that i might have a leak...can't find any evidence tho..pressure still holds when the boiler cools down :cry:

i let the boiler cool down then restarted it....stuck my ear in and the howling/ humming noise seems to be coming from the pump...goes away after a while..

also the pump fault/low pressure warning light flashes, but the pressure never drops below 1 bar

pump?

Perhaps the gauge is blocked, if your letting air out you should be putting water in.

the gauge is fine..dropping the air out reduces the pressure.

bled the rads last night when the system had cooled and got some air out of a couple and topped it up again. unscrewed the screw ontop of the pump and got a little bit of air out.

pump fault/low pressure light was flashing again...phoned the engineer who said he'd come out later that night but then mother nature decided to dump a load of snow over the town

one of the rads i bled still had black water in it..and one upstairs only gets warm..it's one of those sealed rads with no valve :(

rads still making crackling sound which stops when the pump does...i wonder if the pump is struggling to pump the water around the system?

the air isn't actually air!

Read on another website (can't remember which one) and someone said it might not be air/running water but could be hydrogen bubbles caused by corrosion moving around the system...He described lighting a match then slowly opening the bleed valve and you should hear a pop pop pop sound...tried it and got the same thing :mrgreen:

time to change the rad methinks :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back