Cracks in brickwork of house

Millwright,

Giving alarmist advice might make you feel important - a common trait in immature minds, a bit sad i suppose.

And expressing yourself in the high camp manner of the Carry On tradition, although it might give you a little emotional relief, doesn't really sustain a rational argument.

Hopefully, you wont join the few gorps and professional nit-wits who seem to find release from mogadon and personal inadequacies by trolling on here. I hope not?

Sponsored Links
Everything looks cosmetically okay in the loft and there are no visible cracks (except in one breeze block however this appears to have been put in like that?). I can't comment on the structure of the rafters etc as I'm pretty clueless as to how these should be set out.... I have attached pics.

If everything looks okay internally, my intention is to monitor the cracks over the summer to see if they progress or are dormant and then act appropriately.

Thanks in advance! :)

Two galvanised tie straps can be seen LH & RH but how the hip rafters land and tie in is unseen beyond the masonry.

Its difficult to comment given the weird perspective that the camera gives in the twilight loft but things appear to be in order.

Perhaps, as you said, watch and wait?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back