Cracks in "roughcaste"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have decorated the outside of my house several times and have always filled up the cracks with tetrion or polyfilla type fillings which I did on the last occasion BUT after a few weeks the cracks have reappeared and look worse than before I painted, now admitted the weather has been a bit strange of late and my house may not be that steady, a little subsidence/settleing is happening but I am fed up with crack filling so what else should I use to stop the problem or should I just move :)

Sponsored Links
How long & wide are these cracks ?

Is it just surface cracks in the rendering and not in the brickwork ?

Sponsored Links
As far as know it is just the surface rendering, the brickwork is quite sound as not long had a new double glazed door and was surprised at how sound the bricks were, the house was built in the 1920s so getting on a bit. Will try to take a piccy and put it on my webspace so you can have a look, working late this week so maybe next week.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back