Cracks in UPVC Front Door...Repair or Replace?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Black woodgrain effect front door, and it has developed cracks in the outside facing surface in 4 places.
The door structure is white, and the inner and outer (quite thin) black panels seem to be glued or bonded to the frame, but the outer panel is also becoming detached from the frame in places around it's edges.

1. Is the outer panel replaceable, and would a door supply company be able to repair?

2. If not replaceable, could the cracks and bonding issues be repaired, and then paint with UPVC paint?

As the front panel seems to be coming away from the frame I'm pretty sure a quick fill and paint won't suffice?

Advice appreciated,

Cheers

John

Sponsored Links
So, my enquiries suggest that these faults are not repairable.....

Anyone suggest a good composite door supply and fit in Bedford area?

Cheers

J

Are you talking about an inset panel or the actual frames?
Is the door still under guarantee?
Can you post some pics?

IMG_1910.JPG
IMG_1911.JPG
IMG_1912.JPG
IMG_1913.JPG
IMG_1914.JPG
The cracks are in the outer skin layer which is bonded to the frame,

Sponsored Links
Oh yes thats beyond repair needs replacing.
Do you know the make? There may be a stamp on the edge of the door or in the frame
Do you know who fitted it and if its still under guarantee?

In theory if you can find the make just the door slab can be replaced into the existing frame.

No idea of the maker, door was replaced before we moved in 10 years ago, and no sign of any identification on door or frame so it looks like we will need to order a new one.
There is a glazed side panel which I assume is separate from the door and frame, so we won't need to replace both parts?

How much should we be looking at for a black composite door and frame installed. Minimal glazing, maybe even just solid, and any recommendations for a supplier/fitter in the Bedfordshire area?

Regards,

J

Prices will vary depending on your area, Probably around £800-1300 for a reasonable quality door.
Someone who is very skilled and brave may be able to fit another make of door slab into that frame but it would probably be better to get a new frame too.
The sidelight can stay.

As said around £900 to £1300 a good lower end door would be doorstop , decent higher end solidor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back