cracks on walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I know this has been discussed many times but, ive got to paint a hallway where it has been re- skimmed about 2 years ago and it has many cracks across walls in all directions. Not sure what is the cause is, just wondered what the best option is for filling?

Sponsored Links
OneFill.
It's pretty moist, usually gets into the finest of cracks and is easily sanded if necessary.
Don't use Basecoat or ceiling paint designed to cover cracks because they are thick and spoil the finish coat.

Is that the stuff thats in a tub, ready mixed? do i need to rake out first or just fill crack? cheers

Sponsored Links
That's the stuff.

I generally only rake out the cracks where the surface is uneven in order to get the area flush. If you give the filler a good mix in the tub you will find it becomes softer and can be pushed into the finer cracks with a filling knife. Smooth off in the direction of the crack and sand lightly, if necessary, when dry. Deeper cracks/holes are best filled in 2 applications even though the product name suggests otherwise.

BTW, the cause is usually just plaster settlement, but above and around doors can be down to movement in the wood or doors slamming.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back